Saturday, June 11, 2005

Saturday Six 6/4

1. Who is the last performer you saw live in concert? What is the last film you saw at a theater? Which was more worth the money you paid? Last performer?

Um… Anna Dagmar, I believe. Unless you count high school concerts. Last film I saw was The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I didn’t pay to see Anna but I would’ve. They were both amazing but Anna would’ve been more worth it. The Sisterhood was better in book form.

2. What do you do more of in a typical day: work, sleep, eat, exercise. watch TV, surf the web?

:: hides to keep from answering:: Um… change work to school.

3. Your office brings in a new drink machine and it's your job to fill the eight selection slots. What drinks (non-alcoholic, of course) do you select?

Oooo! Amaretto cappuccino, wild cherry Pepsi, dr. pepper, Lipton Iced Tea (sweetened and with lemon), Snapple (aka "sushi"), white grape juice, spring water, and pink lemonade

4. Take the quiz: What is your expression number? Do you agree with the description it gives you? What do you disagree with most?

Your Expression Number is 2 A mediator and peacemaker, you get along well with others. You light up in group situations, but struggle when you're alone. Modest and understated, you accomplish more than you give yourself credit for. Cooperative, courteous, and considerate are words people use to describe you. You know how to handle anyone, no matter how much of a pain they might be. Tactful and friendly, nearly everyone who knows you admires you. Sometimes you are overly sensitive and easily hurt. When you get too sensitive, you can become shy and uncertain. At your worst, you can be apathetic and withdrawn. What's Your Expression Number?  

Mediator and peacemaker-yup Get along w/others-yup Group situations are more uncomfortable than alone I am modest and understated. Cooperative, courteous, considerate-check, check, check Handle anyone-mostly check Tactful and friendly-check and check Admired by nearly everyone-not check overly sensitive, easily hurt, shy, uncertain, apathetic and withdrawn-all check

5. Counting all light fixtures and lamps in your home, how many bulbs do you have in place, and how many of them are on right now?

Well, I’m at my grandmother’s but at my house we have a lot and probably one or two is on.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #55 from Laura: What is your favorite movie line ever and why?

Favorite movie line? Ummm… Just one? Darn it. I’ll choose… I can’t! I can’t pick just one. I love too many quotes. I’m just looking at the ones from The Notebook and I can’t pick one from there. Then, make me factor in all the others? Damn. I can’t do it. But here are some that I like.

Pretty Woman

Edward Lewis: I told you not to pick up the phone.
Vivian: Then stop calling me.

Vivian: I'm gonna treat you so nice, you're never gonna let me go.

Vivian: You're late.
Edward Lewis: You're stunning.
Vivian: You're forgiven.

Vivian: People put you down enough, you start to believe it.
Edward Lewis: I think you are a very bright, very special woman.
Vivian: The bad stuff is easier to believe. You ever notice that?

Edward Lewis: You can't charge me for directions!
Vivian: I can do anything I want to baby, I ain't lost.

Edward Lewis: I never treated you like a prostitute.
[Walks away]
Vivian: You just did.

Edward Lewis: What's your name?
Vivian: What do you want it to be?

The Princess Bride
Grandpa: [narrating] Nothing gave Buttercup as much pleasure as ordering Westley around.
Buttercup: Farm boy, polish my horse's saddle. I want to see my face shining in it by morning.
Westley: As you wish.
Grandpa: [narrating] "As you wish" was all he ever said to her.
Buttercup: Farm boy, fill these with water- please.
Westley: As you wish.
Grandpa: [narrating] That day, she was amazed to discover that when he was saying "As you wish", what he meant was, "I love you." And even more amazing was the day she realized she truly loved him back.
Buttercup: Farm boy... fetch me that pitcher.
[It's right over her head, so he has to stand next to her]
Westley: As you wish.
[Cut to them kissing]

Westley: Hear this now: I will always come for you.
Buttercup: But how can you be sure?
Westley: This is true love - you think this happens every day?

Westley: I told you I would always come for you. Why didn't you wait for me?
Buttercup: Well... you were dead.
Westley: Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
Buttercup: I will never doubt again.
Westley: There will never be a need.

Inigo Montoya: Who are you?
Westley: No one of consequence.
Inigo Montoya: I must know...
Westley: Get used to disappointment.
Inigo Montoya: 'kay.

Inigo Montoya: Let me 'splain.
[pause]
Inigo Montoya: No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

[as Buttercup prepares to commit suicide with a dagger]
Westley: There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours

The Ancient Booer: Boo. Boo. Boo.
Buttercup: Why do you do this?
The Ancient Booer: Because you had love in your hands, and you gave it up.
Buttercup: But they would have killed Westley if I hadn't done it.
The Ancient Booer: Your true love lives. And you marry another. True Love saved her in the Fire Swamp, and she treated it like garbage. And that's what she is, the Queen of Refuse. So bow down to her if you want, bow to her. Bow to the Queen of Slime, the Queen of Filth, the Queen of Putrescence. Boo. Boo. Rubbish. Filth. Slime. Muck. Boo. Boo. Boo.

Prince Humperdinck: First things first, to the death.
Westley: No. To the pain.
Prince Humperdinck: I don't think I'm quite familiar with that phrase.
Westley: I'll explain and I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog faced buffoon.
Prince Humperdinck: That may be the first time in mylife a man has dared insult me.
Westley: It won't be the last. To the pain means the first thing you will lose will be your feet below the ankles. Then your hands at the wrists. Next your nose.
Prince Humperdinck: And then my tongue I suppose, I killed you too quickly the last time. A mistake I don't mean to duplicate tonight.
Westley: I wasn't finished. The next thing you will lose will be your left eye followed by your right.
Prince Humperdinck: And then my ears, I understand let's get on with it.
Westley: WRONG. Your ears you keep and I'll tell you why. So that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, "Dear God! What is that thing," will echo in your perfect ears. That is what to the pain means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.
Prince Humperdinck: I think your bluffing.
Westley: It's possible, Pig, I might be bluffing. It's conceivable, you miserable, vomitous mass, that I'm only lying here because I lack the strength to stand. But, then again... perhaps I have the strength after all.
[slowly rises and points sword directly at the prince]
Westley: DROP... YOUR... SWORD!
[mouth hanging open, drops sword to floor]

Westley: Can you move at all?
Buttercup: You're alive. If you want I could fly.

Buttercup: You can die too for all I care.
[pushes him down a high hill]
Westley: AS... YOU... WISH.
Buttercup: Oh my sweet Westley what have I done. [throws herself down the hill]

Buttercup: You're the Dread Pirate Roberts, admit it.
Westley: With pride. What can I do for you?
Buttercup: You can die slowly, cut into a thousand pieces.
Westley: Tsk, tsk. That's hardly complementary Highness. Why loose your venom on me?
Buttercup: You killed my love.
Westley: It's possible. I kill a lot of people.

Fezzik: You just shook your head... doesn't that make you happy?
Westley: My brains, his steel, and your strength against sixty men, and you think a little head jiggle is supposed to make me happy?

That’s it for now. There’s a billion more quotes that I like and love but, I don’t want to waste all day on this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the movie The Notebook. -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

What great movie quotes.  I savored all of them.  Thanks.  Mrs. L