Monday, August 29, 2005

Weekend assignment 74

Weekend Assignment #74: Forget about the things you need -- Tell us about something you want. Preferably something useless and/or expensive. In other words: Toys! Something fun and/or sparkly and/or indulgent that you don't already have but wouldn't mind getting, if someone were offering.

Extra Credit: Do you really think getting that toy would make you happier?

 

My dress! Two years ago in Saratoga Springs, I tried on this dress. At first I didn't like it but, Lindz told me to try it on. Okay, fine. So I go into the changing room and put on this black dress and I'm still wary about it. Next, I came out and showed Lindz and her parents. "Wow" was the only word out of their mouths. I looked in the three-way mirror and that was my reaction too. It looked AMAZING. Now, I don't typically go "oh my gosh it looks so gorgeous" or anything but, this dress fit like heaven. It skimmed over the right areas and it hugged the right areas. It had adjustable spaghetti straps and a flirty-kinda skirt. It went down to my knees and it had a v-neck. There was rose-embroidery on the side of it. At first glance on the rack, it looked a bit gaudy but, once on, the size was just right. Even though at 13, I was still kinda geeky and had my glasses on and my hair all messy and more baby fat than I have now, it looked amazing. I wanted this dress SO badly... and then, I looked at the price tag. It was over two hundred dollars. Way out of my price range. Since then, I've been dying for it. Just to try it on again even. Well, I went back to Saratoga Springs and Xanadu is out of business. I'll never get my dress. I'm kind of disappointed but, it's okay. Maybe someday I'll find one like it. As for the extra credit, I don't think this dress would ever make me happy by itself. I think that if I had got it and if I wore it to homecoming or prom or semi-formal or something and had a great time dancing and swishing it around, then the experience would make it happy. But the dress would not make me happy. (The above picture is the closest thing to my dress that I could find. The straps are the same and the hem is the same flirty type thing.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the dress :)  very cute...no, not cute...very sassy!

I'd blow money on clothes too!  Chris bought me a gorgeous Laundry dress last year for no reason, just because I'd been looking at them and he knew I liked her dresses.  I was so happy, til I saw the tags.  Then I made him take it back.  Not spending that much for NO reason ;)  but it would be nice :)~

xoxo~Bernie