Sunday, September 25, 2005

Weekend Assignment

Weekend Assignment #78: You are preparing to evacuate your house due to an upcoming threat. You have already packed up all your essential items, people and pets. You have room for three non-essential items. What are they?
Remember, you already have your essentials: food, medicines, water, clothes, and all the people (including the furry ones) who live with you. "Non-essentials" are things you don't need but would like to have, and can include momentos, books, jewelry, objects of sentimental value, and so on and so forth.

Geez. This is one tough assignment. I'd start with some of my books. My Bible and my copy of The Notebook would definitly be brought (I'm counting them as one). Next would be my necklace. It's a heart shaped silver necklace that my mom gave me. She has one identical to it, only her heart is bigger. Mine is very worn looking because I used to put it in my mouth and suck on it. Every time she went on a trip, she would wear her necklace and I would wear mine. That way, we'd still be close even though she was away. Now, I wear it when I miss her. Lastly, I would pick fuzz. Fuzz is my blanket. It's huge and purple and I love to wrap it around myself and just feel safe and secure. Without it, I'd be so lost at so many points in my life. It keeps me grounded, keeps me sane, keeps me feeling safe when all the world is crashing down.

Extra Credit: Have you ever been evacuated?

Nope. Up here in Upstate New York we don't have much call for evacuations.

No comments: