Thursday, November 3, 2005

Tuesday Two

THIS WEEK'S TOPIC #1:    SONGS

QUESTION A:
Name a song that somehow connects you and another person:  a loved one, an ex, or a friend or family member...and describe how it became "your song."

or

QUESTION B:

What was the last song you heard on the radio that really hit anerve with you?  What about it made you really feel like it was written about you?

I pick A. I wanna answer both but I'm not allowed. So I pick A. I'll start with the song between my ex bf and I. He doesn't know that it's kinda our song but, it is. Listen to Your Heart by DHT (i think). It reminds me of him. The lyrics are about "[listening] to your heart before you tell him good-bye". When I first heard it, I was debating whether I should dump him or not. I wound up dumping him but that song always reminds me of him.
Another song that's attached to someone is Private Malone is attached to Jaci. I don't remember why but, it made me cry the first time I heard it after Mom moved in with Ray. Then there's Wide Open Spaces and Jule. Once again, don't remember how it came to be. Oh, and my mommy sings You Are My Sunshine for me. That's our song. She sang it to me when I was little. My dad sings "my girl" and "if tomorrow never comes" to me. And I sing "animal crackers" the Shirley Temple song to Sami now and then.






THIS WEEK'S TOPIC #2:    YOUR WORST ENEMY

QUESTION A:

If you feel that you are your worst enemy, then think about the worst quality you have that makes you feel this way:  if you had the power to remove that quality from your personality with the snap of a finger, would you?  Why or why not?

or

QUESTION B:

If your worst enemy is someone besides you, what would it take to resolve the situation...and what would it take for you to be the one to start that process?

Ummm.... I choose A again. I beat myself up, I criticize myself, I put myself down, and I assume others do it too. I tend to think the worst of myself at times. Not always but, enough. No I wouldn't. I would limit it. A healthy dose of skepticism and reality and criticism is good but, what I get sometimes is overkill.

No comments: